Third-party, Independent Facility with an Unbiased Approach
- Quality Assurance
- Failure Analysis
- Visual Mockups
- Testing: For new and existing exterior wall systems, assemblies and products (including individual windows).
- Report: Provide a written report documenting testing results and observations.
- Consulting: Testing can be supplemented with exterior wall consulting services through our affiliate, Vidaris, Inc. Vidaris can witness testing, assist in the diagnosing of issues as well as develop remedial recommendations as necessary.
- Specific tests available:
- ASTM E 283: Air Infiltration - Standard Test Method for Determining Rate of Air Leakage Through Exterior Windows, Curtain Walls, and Doors Under Specified Pressure Differences Across the Specimen
- ASTM E 331: Water Penetration - Standard Test Method for Water Penetration of Exterior Windows, Skylights, Doors, and Curtain Walls by Uniform Static Air Pressure Difference
- ASTM E 330: Structural Performance - Standard Test Method for Structural Performance of Exterior Windows, Doors, Skylights and Curtain Walls by Uniform Static Air Pressure Difference
- Independent Testing: LPI confirms that components tested meet the intended design criteria and are
manufactured and assembled in a manner that is consistent with the applicable standards.
- Highest Standards: Testing methods follow guidelines set by ASTM and AAMA and are subject to LPI’s internal QA/QC policies and procedures. They do not lead to product certification.
- Convenience: Our 13,000 sq ft facility is conveniently located in the Gowanus section of Brooklyn
- Visual Indoor or Outdoor Mockups: View your mockup in real-life conditions for aesthetics, technical appropriateness as well as to confirm conformance with approved contract documents and specifications